Friday, May 7, 2010

Overheard: X2 Edition

Personal space on the X2 is essentially nonexistent, so any given ride is really a full-sensory experience. The one with the most potential for annoyance and/or entertainment is the cell phone conversations that take place right next to your ear. For the low price of $1.35, you get a front row seat to the latest drama in someones life, from their perspective, in a one-sided conversation format (unless the speaker has unfortunately discovered the volume button on their phone, in which case it becomes a conversation between the speaker and Charlie Brown's teacher). For instance, I got to hear the ongoing drama of this 20 year old girl's life, who's boyfriends baby momma is coming between her and her boyfriend's family, and how she's got a mouth and is fucked. up, but she's the mother of their grandchild, and what the fuck is up with that shit? Why should my boyfriend's momma like her more? And invite her to shit wit the family? She just a ho, anyways. Et cetera, et cetera. Personally, I was most impressed at the number of different swear words she managed to fit into one incomplete sentence in casual conversation. Usually on the bus it's just muthafucka this, muthafucka that, but this was especially creative. Really, I feel I should just throw out my GRE vocab cards and start writing these down. Much more educational, right?
More Overheards to come, probably in an upcoming "All I ever needed to know about the American criminal justice system I learned on the X Crazy"

No comments:

Post a Comment